Blackman Support Services was started in 1988 as a proprietorship to provide computer
and data backup services to the Province of British Columbia. In recent years our
primary focus has been to provide enterprise quality technical support to a growing
number of small and medium sized businesses and broader public sector organizations
and their affiliated partners.
All members of the Blackman Support Services team have extensive technical experience.
Our cross training efforts ensure that we not only have technical skills overlap but
that we have numerous resources that understand your business.
Blackman Support Services Ltd specializes in managed IT services and support within a service level agreement (SLA) framework.
Our team, processes and tools are focused on creating and maintaining long term relationships with our clients.
We currently support both private and public sector clients, 24/7 facilities, and many other business-critical systems.
Services that we currently provide include:
- Tier 1 Technical Support (via phone or e-mail)
- Tier 2 Technical Support (onsite or remote)
- Tier 3 Technical Support including:
- Desktop image production for standardized deployments
- Application packaging and deployment across all managed desktops
- Senior network and server design, installation and administration
- Scripting solutions for desktop support, tuning and automated maintenance
- Test bed management for hardware and software testing
- 24x7 emergency after-hours response
- Onsite and remote desktop and server management
- DBA services
- Technology Management Services including:
- Project management, delivery, logistics and reporting
- Inventory tracking and reporting
- Development, implementation and documentation of IT procedures and policies
- TCO planning and life cycle management
- 3rd Party liaison and management
In order to better meet the requirements of our growing customer base, the company incorporated as
Blackman Support Services Ltd. in 2001.
Blackman Support Services Ltd. is a privately held company, incorporated provincially, and all employees
and subcontractors are covered by our WCB account and our general and professional liability insurance.